In “Twidiots”, we collect the choicest thoughts on a particular topic from Twitter’s millions of users.
Nelson Mandela was a seminal freedom fighter and humanitarian, a man who forever changed the fabric of his country, and therefore the world. Morgan Freeman was good as Lucius Fox.
Though yes, he did play Nelson Mandela in Invictus. And I guess he did fight for freedom in The Shawshank Redemption. In a way. But still - not the same, guys. Come on.
@WhiteWhines: A Study of First World Problems by Streeter Seidell is up for preorder now! Unless your book is out of batteries. 21st century living is tragic.
On the week of Rick Pitino’s induction to the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, WHAS-TV aired this special overview of his career…so far.
According to reports, the New Orleans Hornets are looking to change their name to the Pelicans for the 2013-14 NBA season. New Orleans may be “The Pelican State,” but this team name needs to shoo. [Click to continue reading]
- Unibrow Yes, their star player is monobrowed man, Anthony Davis, but this represents so much more. A unibrow is a bunch of things coming together as one to form a larger, more unified, and scarier thing, and if that’s not intimidating—what is?
- Dunkeroos Enthusiasm for 90’s nostalgia might run out eventually, but luckily, the idea of a kangaroo dunking a basketball never will.
- Mardi Gras A local favorite and an easy way to skip the debate over whether a team’s name should be pluralized.
- White Dudes Not great, but it makes about as much sense as Washington Redskins.
- Lunar Craters Not great, but it makes about as much sense as Los Angeles Lakers. [Keep Reading]